Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Why this Blog?

In March, 1998, I published a book by the title "Praying for Rain".
It presented a critical analysis of the church (denomination!) that I then belonged to.  Although the publication was publicly condemned in those circles, privately I found that many did take its warnings to heart.  Locally, however, the fury was so great that there could be no reconciliation.
Recently someone approached me, requesting another box of 48 books.  I was assured that many people had benefited from my writing, and that it might help others who were now in a state of critical evaluation.  Since I had re-adopted my actual name (Aize), it had been difficult to track me down, even in cyberspace.

At this time, however, it serves little purpose to re-publish or promote the original "Praying for Rain".  It was primarily written for the situation of that time as observed in the Canadian Reformed churches.  We left that denomination about a year after publication, after a time of great hardship and amazing blessings.  Hopefully these churches have changed for the better, regardless of the role my book may have played.  Some of my friends assure me that they have.
Also, since publication, I was able to study theology at an interdenominational seminary and I could do my internship with Grace Toronto Church (PCA).  Afterwards I could get a few years of ministry experience in another inner city church, and more recently we have over five years of experience in planting and pastoring a church in Asia.
So, perhaps I can still offer some assistance, now from a broader perspective, so that it may be applicable in a wider setting.  May His Kingdom be built!

Since we are involved in dual teaching jobs, I may have limited opportunity to reply to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment